Newark Now was founded by Newark Mayor Cory A. Booker in 2003 to provide Newark residents with skills, tools, and support to transform their neighborhoods. Newark Now is an intermediary organization that partners with municipal government, residents, grassroots organizations, and the philanthropic community to catalyze the achievement of significant positive outcomes throughout the city.
- Communications and messaging strategy
- Media and launch events
- Copywriting and copyediting for all media
- Community relations and advertising campaigns
- Translation in Spanish and Portuguese
- Website development and maintenance
- Business portraits
- Over $6.3 million in tax refunds helped more than 3,800 low-income families in Newark due to volunteer tax preparers at the Newark Now Financial Empowerment Center
- NewarkNow.org provides access to life changing programs and information and is a dynamic portal, powered by social media, community outreach, viral news updates and video media
- A fraternity of more than 250 men have graduated from the Fathers Now program, a Newark Now initiative at the Newark Comprehensive Center for Fathers, Essex County College.
- CNN, New York Times, USA Today, and the Huffington Post have profiled Newark Now leaders and programs outcomes.