The vision for Made In Newark is to create a brand for sustainable manufacturing employment and success in the city of Newark. At the same time, the initiative strives to foster growth of the manufacturing sector to not only bring new companies to the area but also to maintain and develop the ones located here already.
- Media and community relations
- Commercial photography
- Networking event planning and management
- Information architecture
- In 2011, FEMWORKS developed a marketing team to launch the Made In Newark online brand and communications strategy that has catalyzed an ongoing manufacturing movement.
- We leveraged cross sector partnerships that bridged the arts community, local manufacturers, The Star-Ledger, Newark Regional Business Partnership (NRBP) and Forward Ever Sustainable Business Alliance to launch Made In Newark during the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championships in Newark in 2011.
- The Made In Newark Council of Employers has been established and is managed by the Newark Regional Business Partnership
- The City of Newark has leveraged the Brookings Institute research and policy prowess and coupled it with the dedicated capacity of a Manufacturing Advisor Mayor’s Office Fellow to recommend policies, programs and initiatives to grow the manufacturing sector of the city.
- In the fall of 2012, www.ForwardEverNJ.org will feature a robust directory of Newark, NJ based manufacturers and encourage local business owners (B2B), consumers (B2C) and government (B2G) to source locally from Newark manufacturers.