Attracting over 50,000 visitors yearly, the Lincoln Park Music Festival (LPMF) – A Celebration of Spirit and Dance – is a cultural ambassador and signature event in the City of Newark and New Jersey. LPMF is part of the economic development activities led by Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District (LPCCD). The Festival annually has an economic impact of over 5 million dollars. Dedicated to revitalizing the area, LPCCD provides this free event in celebration of the spirit of the community. The four-day music festival includes entertainers performing Jazz, Gospel, House and Hip-Hop.
- Tourism and destination event planning
- Communications and community relations strategy
- Photography direction and archival
- Sponsor Relations
- Social media strategy
- Within 5 years, our strategies have grown the festival from 3,000 attendees in 2006 to over 55,000 attendees in 2011
- Positioned the revitalizing Lincoln Park neighborhood as the place to experience the newest leading-edge music festival to emerge in Newark and New Jersey’s cultural and arts landscape
- We delivered on NY DMA advertising, multimedia electronic press kits, and on-air interviews with festival talent which produced relevant media interest among national music entertainment editors, lifestyle writers, blogs and niche online publications
- Featured notables at each year’s opening day press conference included New Jersey’s former Governor Corzine, former New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells, Mayor Cory Booker, and celebrities including Joe Jackson, NY Liberty player Kym Hampton and jazz legend James Moody
- Our relationships with the local faith-based community, seniors, jazz, hip hop, and house music lovers were at the center of our community relations strategy
- Our team of 15 assignment photographers documented and archived highlights from the annual festival for us in publicity, marketing collateral, and online.